Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Celebration of "Happy" with the Birds Of A Feather May Kit!

With the Celebration of ________ Crop just around the corner at Birds Of A Feather, I decided to keep with theme and celebrate all things happy with my first May Kit reveal! If you haven't picked up this perfect springtime kit yet, you need to...now. Go ahead, I'll wait. And I suggest grabbing the extras too. I did! I will admit when I first got this kit, I was a little scared of all the pink and flowers. I am a self-acclaimed tom-boy and mama to a baby boy so pink and flowers don't appear on my scrapbook pages often. But, once I started playing with this kit, my "inner girl" came out! And by the way...this is my first time every working with Simple Stories!

So, I'm off with my first "Happy" project. This 2-pager showcases photos from my parents 30th anniversary party that Andrew and I hosted at our house in Ohio back in June 2007. I have used this same layout several times when I've wanted to include lots of photos. I used the distress marker (love that thing) to outline the "So Happy" letters after I fussy-cut them from the paper. I really think it helped them pop of the page even more. I love the fact that the Bingo card had a number 30 in the perfect spot so I could use it and the Lily Bee ampersand sticker as part of my title. I put a teardrop gem (upside down) at each corner of the small photos for some added interest. And the journaling spot was cut from the sheet of Vintage Bliss paper that has the polaroids hanging on clotheslines.

So are you read for Mother's Day? I'm not but at least I'm two steps closer with these cards for my mom and mother-in-law. On the first card I covered up the "Sweet" on the mason jar with paper banners and Lily Bee alpha stickers. The second card includes the three blocks (also cut from the Vintage Bliss Polaroid paper) and a simple sentiment sticker adhered with foam adhesive for dimension.



And here are some closeups of all the above projects...

I hope this inspires you to get happy with the May kit! I'll be back later this month with much more!

No comments: