Sunday, October 14, 2012

World Card Making Day at Let's Capture These Sketches!

I didn't get the chance to make any cards on World Card Making Day, so I was super excited to see that Let's Capture These Sketches kept the deadline for their world card making challenges open for a whole week! I got a chance to complete each challenge...

Challenge #1 was to lift one of two cards by LCTS designer Shirl. I lifted the first card. Instead of using a cute little guy in the center of my card, I used a few butterflies. I also used twine instead of ribbon, but the general design of the card is still there. I also made this card for two other challenges - this week's Two Peas Finally Friday card challenge to use white ink on kraft paper (I used white embossing powder though because my white ink was barely showing on the kraft cardstock) and My Sketch World's World Card Making Day crop challenge #4 to use at least four layers on your card.
(Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Jillibean Soup papers & twine; Karen Foster sticker sentiment; Hero Arts grid background stamp; Inkadinkado white embossing powder; Ranger embossing ink; Glue Arts, Helmar, Tombow and 3M adhesives).

Challenge #2 was to use a card sketch and here's what I came up with. I also created this card for My Sketch World's World Card Making Day crop challenge #8 to use a quote on your card.
(Supplies: Jillibean Soup papers; Chatterbox quote sentiment; unknown ribbon; Glue Arts, Helmar, Thermoweb, 3M adhesives.)

Challenge #3 was to use mist or paints. I used some of my Bubblegum pink Glimmer Mist on the background of this card. I also made this card for Kimber's 10/13/12 Saturday Card Sketch challenge over at Two Peas.
(Supplies: Pink Paislee papers; Joann's cardstock & sentiment embellishment; EK Success heart punch; Tattered Angels glimmer mist; Glue Arts and Helmar adhesives.)

Challenge #4 was to create a card with a handmade flower on it. I created a handmade lollipop flower for this card. I also made this card for My Sketch World's World Card Making Day crop challenge #6 which was to use at least six patterned papers on a card.
 (Supplies: Bo Bunny papers & stickers; unknown sentiment sticker; Basic Grey brad; Creative Memories circle cutting system and punches; Glue Arts and Thermoweb adhesives.)

Challenge #5 was to create a card with something colored on it. I pulled out these cute printables I got from CK's 2012 Summer Camp that I never used and then colored one of the banners and the flag/pinwheel cluster with my Zig Writers. It was fun! I also made this card for My Sketch World's World Card Making Day crop challenge #7 which was to lift a card made by MSW card designer Lisa M.
 (Supplies: Me And My Big Ideas and Fancy Pants papers; Bazzill cardstock; CK printables; EK Success Zig Writer markers; Karen Foster sentiment stickers; Jillibean Soup twine; Glue Arts, Tombow, Helmar adhesives.)

Challenge #6 was to create a card with something shiny on it. Not only is there five pieces of bling on this card, but (it's hard to see) there is glitter on the polka dots of the chipboard purse. I also created this card for My Sketch World's World Card Making Day crop challenge #9 which was to create a card using all pink in honor of breast cancer awareness month.
(Supplies: Joann's and DCWV cardstock; DCWV and Dream Street papers; Crate Paper chipboard embellishment and stickers; Kaiser Craft rhinestones; Glue Arts adhesive.)

No comments: