Friday, October 26, 2012

Play Hard. (It's Tie-Dye Fabric!)

This was a fun layout to create! First off, I started with Let's Capture These Sketches #154. The large amount of white space made me think that using a bold, busy background may work well with this sketch, if I kept the rest of the embellishing to a minimum. 

So then I thought that it was finally time to complete my last and long overdue challenge from Memorable Seasons Members Challenge Us Crop. Susan issued a fabric challenge to us back during the crop in August. The catch was we had to use three different fabrics that weren't made specifically for scrapbooking. Well, since I don't sew and just had made a recent run to Goodwill with old clothes, spare fabric was hard to come by. But, I swore up and down I would finish every challenge from this crop. So I managed to gather up three fabrics. The first is the tie-dye background. It's a fabric gift bag that I cut up and adhered to a piece of 12x12 chipboard. Then there are the yellow and purple flower embellishments. I received a box of hand-me-downs for Liam and found two random, lone socks in it - one was a yellow terrycloth hospital bootie and the other was a scalloped lace trimmed lavender little girl sock. They turned into great fabric flowers once crowned with buttons!
Finally, there is the My Sketch World odd-sized photo challenge. The requirement was just to use any photo size other than 4x6 but I decided to go even a little more creative going with three 2x4 photos. Love the way they look on this page!
(Supplies: tie-dye, yellow terrycloth and lavender fabrics from around the house; American Crafts Thickers; Lawn Fawn, Queen & Co and Bella Blvd washi tape; Doodlebug Designs paper trims and multi-colored button; unknown teal button; Cloud9 epoxy circles; Bazzill red cardstock; DMC embroidery floss; Fiskars scallop border punch; date stamp; black StazOn ink; Glue Arts, Thermoweb, Helmar and 3M adhesives.)

2 comments:

antenucci said...

Wow Megan, totally love that u finished the crop. Even more, totally love this layout, what amazing colors!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh that is sooo cool!!!! Love what you did with the fabric!!!!!