Friday, October 19, 2012

Loungin' on the grass.

I love these photos of Liam. Probably my favorite series of photos I've taken of him to date. I just love how curious he is about the grass. And how he seems to just be chilling out, taking it all in, especially in that last shot. This was the very first time he experienced grass and I was surprised at how well he handled it. So, where did I turn for the insiraption for this new favorite layout?

Several places! First, I used sketch #153 from Let's Capture These Sketches. I was especially inspired by LCTS Designer Jody Rogers take on the sketch. She flipped the sketch and then I flipped it back but used a lot of the same design elements she did. Then, I was also inspired by Carol's challenge at Memorable Seasons to use a sketch. Hence, I went to Let's Capture These Sketches. Then, it was time to decide what supplies to use and Erika's Issue Challenge #6 on the Club CK forum was to use your favorite manufacturer on a layout. Well, lately I've been having a love affair with Fancy Pants, so I decided to pull out the beloved Childish Things collection for this layout. The background stamping originated from Stacy's challenge over at Inspired to Scrap to use a new (or long-neglected) stamp several times on a layout. I had a set of brand new Lawn Fawn background stamps that I had yet to use, so I christened one of them with some embossing ink and sky blue embossing powder. Finally, as I was getting to the embellishing stage of creating, ScrapFit's Warm-up Challenge #32 called for using buttons and/or bows. Well, I had the Childish Things buttons pulled out along with my Jillibean Soup twine, so decided to go ahead and use both buttons and bows on my layout!
(Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Fancy Pants Designs papers, letter stickers, border stickers, glitter transparencies, buttons and rub-ons; American Crafts Thickers; Lawn Fawn washi tape and background stamp; Jillibean Soup twine; Basic Grey mini-brads; Inkadinkado embossing powder; StazOn ink; date stamp; Glue Arts, Thermoweb, Tombow and 3M adhesives.)

3 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

Aw, this is adorable!! Such awesome colors & patterns...and really sweet pictures :) Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Unknown said...

omgsh, Megan, this is AWESOME! Your pictures are just adorable, but what caught my eye was the stamped 'brick' background. ohhhh, that looks so cool .. the light color on the dark background! Makes a great base for your layers! I totally love how you're combining challenges, too! hehehe Talk about getting 'mileage'!! xoxox

Eileen said...

Super cute! I especially love the multiple font title ... so cool! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapFit!