Monday, December 8, 2014

December Daily 2014: Week 1

Week one of December is gone and I completed the first week of my December Daily yesterday! Like last year, I am using the Simple Stories snap scrapbooking system with the 6x8 album and insert and their current Christmas line, Cozy Christmas. This year, I am not assembling any pages ahead of time. I found that with the Simple Stories system, pre-assembly really wasn't necessary because everything comes together so quickly. And last year, when I did try to plan ahead, I just ended up moving journaling cards around anyways. The one pre-planning thing I did do this year was make a list of the photos I want to take each day and also included a handful of "spare idea" photos just in case my original plan for any particular day doesn't happen for some reason. 

So now it's time to share the first week! And, I will start with my cover. I chose to use the gorgeous tan and red chevron burlap album this year and I didn't want to muck it up too much. I decided to keep it simple and also coordinate it with last year's album, which can be seen here, by just putting a simple embellishment in the lower right corner.  And like last year, I just added the year to the bookplate on the spine.

And here is my title page. I absolutely loved this tree made of sentiments and knew right away I wanted it for my title page. I added the year to the strip of tape printed on the side, highlighted some of the sentiments with liquid pearls, added some wood veneer stars and finished with gold stickles on the star topper and the wood veneer stars.

Day 1.
(I am using these number tags from Creativity Prompt to label each of my days this year.)

Day 2.

Day 3.
Day 4.

Day 5.

Day 6.

Day 7.

And that's week one! Check in next week for week two!

No comments: