Friday, April 27, 2012

Designs by Diana Blog Anniversary Sketch Challenge

I love Diana's sketches so of course I had to try her sketch challenge in celebration of her three year blog anniversary! Here is the sketch...
Isn't it fun? I had this Karen Foster Science Project paper for years. I think I got it in a RAK at some point. Well, considering I just had my first child this past December, I knew it was going to be awhile before I scrapped any science projects and really didn't want to hold onto this paper that much longer. And then I remembered I had photos from when we did an autograph signing with Andrew's super smart cousin Matt when he was published in Science magazine. Perfect! So I used the Karen Foster science project paper as my background. I didn't want to hid too much of the fun details on this paper so for one of the layers I used a Hambly transparency. The Imagination Project graph paper was an perfect additional layer. The green cardstock is embossed with a Tim Holtz dotted die. Additional details include beakers which I cut out of the patterned paper (they were behind all the layers and photos), then I embossed them with ultra thick clean enamel giving them a "glassy" look. The circles are stamped and embossed on different colored cardstock. I didn't intend for them to act as "gasses" coming out of the beakers, but as I was playing around with all my embellishments, I realized it was the perfect use for them. Then for the chevron shapes I embossed some old Imagination Project chipboard photo corners with silver enamel and layered them over some old number-patterned decorative tape. Finally, what you can't see is on the back of the page I attached a clear page protector which holds a copy of the magazine. Thanks so much for looking!

4 comments:

Janna Werner said...

This layout is really lovely! I love the idea of the arrows :)

Diana Fisher said...

Such a great layout! Love what you made with my blogiversary sketch! I am so glad you played along! :)

leah said...

I love this sketch! Great layout, too! ^_^

corrie said...

Awesome!!! This is a awesome take of the sketch! Way to go!