Friday, August 2, 2013

I have to say, Amy knocked it out of the park once again with the amazing Birds Of A Feather August Kit! If you haven't gotten this super fun kit chock full of Glitz Color Me Happy and Simple Stories I Heart Summer, go get one now because there are only three left in stock. And be sure to check out the cool extras too - I of course got them all...again. And FYI...this kit has a retail value of over $40! So now it's time to share my first August creations with you all!

The first layout was a fun two-pager to put together. I have to say that the Glitz Color Me Happy and Simple Stories I Heart Summer collections were made for each other. Looking at this page, it's hard to tell what came from which collection. I kept the embellishing rather simple on this page because of all the photos but I am really happy how everything just pops off the blue background. 
And here are a couple closeups...

And here is my second reveal layout. When I saw this Peekaboo title block, I knew exactly what photo I wanted to pair with it. I love how this turned out. I love the Glitz Peekaboo paired with the Simple Stories cloud paper and stickers. And that heart paper from Glitz - it's divine! Oh, and the red Smooch glitter paint? Love that stuff! I've never used it before and broke it out to add just a touch of sparkle to the red and orange hearts along the right side. Love how they turned out!
And here are a couple closeups...

Thanks for checking out my layouts today! I'll be back here again with this kit next Tuesday sharing a fun technique for you all!

No comments: