Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Another Sketch-a-thon Challenge!

The sketch-a-thon is in full swing over at Memorable Seasons, so be sure to come check it out! I love Creative Scrappers, so of course I had to pick a sketch from them to use! I went waaaaay back in their archives and found this gem. There is so much versatility with this one. All those squares could be photos (like my example), patterned paper, embellies, you name it!

And here is my example using my Basic Grey 25th and Pine kit! I pulled a sheet of Basic Grey Solids white distressed paper from my stash to use as my base. The only part of it you can see is along the edge. Then I chose to move my title up by the journaling so I could "hang" the fussy-cut ornament from the top of the page while still using it as part of my title. I also didn't want my title to rest on top of the busy ornament-patterned paper. I dressed up the ornament paper with some of the wood veneers and also added red Smooch Glitz to all the red ornaments for some sparkle. 

I also wanted to point out that I hid some additional ornament closeup photos behind three of the ones featured on my page. That's why they have a blue mat around them and a gold photo turn. 

The rules:
* Create a new layout for this challenge.
* Load your creation in the gallery and link back to this thread by DECEMBER 30th (not the 31st please)!

No comments: