Monday, July 7, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 5

Time to share another Project Life layout. I am slowly plugging away at 2014 and once caught back up...if I stick to my schedule (ha!)...then I'll go back and catch up on 2013. Today I'm sharing Week 5 of 2014. I had lots of fun with this layout. I was happy with the variety of photos I had this week and used lots of the bright and happy colors found in the Jade kit!

Here's a better look at the left side. I purchased a pack of the Studio Calico Wanderlust calendar cards and will be using one on the first spread of each month...not sure if I mentioned that back in Week 1. I only got a single photo on Superbowl Sunday and it was the very mediocre candid shot in the upper right of this page. So, I still decided to use it but put the large title across the center so the photo acted as more of a background image than a focal photo; I like the result! Oh, and I colored the chipboard "sunday" with a silver gelato...I think these may be one of my favorite new tools! I also used quite a few digital elements (prior to printing my photos) on this spread. Love hybrid scrapping for Project Life!

And now a closer look at the right side. There isn't much to call out on this side because I kept it pretty simple. Oh, I do have one thing to point out...I tend not to use the folded 3x4 journaling cards that come in the Project Life core kits for their original intention. So instead, I use them like a 6x4 journaling card, unfolded. But, since they aren't truly 6x4 (just slightly shorter than 6") I adapt but "lengthening" the card with a photo...like I did in the lower right pocket of this page.

No comments: