Saturday, August 23, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 10

Another week of Project Life is done. I will catch up...one day. But until then, I am slowly documenting our lives when I find the time and am still loving every minute of it. This week is the first official week of the 3.5 month separation between Andrew and the rest of us as we lived apart. At first, I struggled with how to document what was going on in our lives during this time of separation in our Project Life album. But, I came up with a solution...one side of each spread during these weeks will be the Milwaukee side and the other is the Portland side! So for this one, the left is all the Milwaukee happenings and the right is the Portland happenings.

And here's a closer look at the left (Milwaukee) side. This was a pretty basic spread. As I play catchup, I rely heavily on hybrid scrapping and keeping my embellishing to a minimum. This is the first time I used one of the cool Cosmo Cricket wood frames - love them!

And here's a better look at the right (Portland) side. Andrew was so thoughtful and kept one of the house keys from our old home so I could include it in the album. I also really like how the photo in the center row, far right turned out. It was Andrew's last view into our home as he locked up the last day he was there. I used PSE to add text right along the edge of the door saying "Bye, bye Kerby House. Thanks for the memories." 

No comments: