Monday, April 11, 2011
1. Gather your supplies: Crop Addict April 2011 Monthly Kit, Crop Addict April 2011 Monthly Kit Option, five photos (one 6”x4½”, four 2”x2”), journaling pen, two colors of paint, two border punches, 1¼” circle punch, green, yellow & brown chalk inks and various adhesives.
2. Choose two chipboard flowers and paint them each a different color with paint. Set aside to dry.
3. Use the light blue cardstock as your base.
4. Cut a 2”x12” piece of the diamond-patterned brown Jillibean paper and adhere it vertically along the left side of your layout. Cut a ¾”x12” piece from the green Jillibean paper and then use a border punch to create a decorative edge along one of the 12” edges. Adhere this directly over the right edge of the brown paper, with the decorative edge facing left.
5. Trim a piece of the blue flowered-patterned Jillibean paper to 2”x10”. Take the second border punch and punch a decorative edge along one of the 10”-long sides. Adhere this piece of paper horizontally along your layout, decorative edge facing down so it’s 6½” from the top edge of your layout.
6. Mat your large focal photo on a 6¼”x 4¾” piece of the blue crisscross-patterned Jillibean paper. Mat your four small square photos each on a piece of 2¼”x2¼” text-patterned Jillibean paper. Ink all the edges of the photo mats with the brown chalk ink. Adhere your focal photo so it’s 1¾” from the left edge and 1½” from the top edge of your layout. Adhere your four small photos in a horizontal line below the focal photo; the top edges of these photos should be about 5 ½” from the top edge of your layout (they will overlap your focal photo). The farthest right photo should be 1/8” from the right edge of your layout and then space all the rest of the photos about 1/8” apart.
7. Adhere your two chipboard painted flowers near the lower left corner of your photos. Add a punched 1¼” green patterned paper circle, topped with the circle of bling, to the center of the larger flower. Attach a brad to the center of the smaller flower.
8. Use your journaling pen to draw journaling lines to the right of the chipboard flowers and below the patterned paper. Next, add your journaling.
9. Use the black alphabet stickers to add your title above the focal photo.
10. Fussy-cut the pink bouquet of flowers from the one sheet of bonus paper and use foam adhesive to adhere it in the upper-right corner of your focal photo.
11. Fussy-cut three birdhouses out of the Jillbean paper and adhere them in a line in the lower right corner of your layout. Use the green & yellow ink and your stamp set to embellish them.