Thursday, September 20, 2012

2011 Baby

So this layout was inspired by the fact that I still had some Bella Blvd Estate Sale to use up, this awesome sketch from Stuck?! sketches, this color challenge from Tami at Memorable Seasons and this Glitter Girl challenge over at Two Peas. The sketch was perfect for showcasing this single photo and allowing for a long, vertical journaling spot backed by several pennants (which helped me use up the Estate Sale scraps). I did move the title up to above the photo to allow for the larger photo while still keeping the top of the pennants, journaling spot and photo in line. Now, Tami's challenge called for the colors blue, yellow and pink. Estate Sale has blues and pinks, but no yellow. So I improvised by finding a scrap of solid yellow Prima paper to use and covering all the lime green in the Estate Sale papers with Stickles and Embellishments. Now, Shimelle's Glitter Girl challenge this past week was to rework a supply in your stash that you wouldn't necessarily use. I didn't complete the challenge before the deadline, but always love her Glitter Girl series so I watched the video anyways. And I am so glad I did because it really has helped me to look at those "iffy" supplies in a different way. So I applied what I learned from her video to this layout. Well, I covered up the lime green elements in the patterned paper with yellow. And I also did this by covering up the title "My prayer for you..." on the journaling spot (it didn't really fit with my journaling) with washi tape and a sentiment sticker. I love how this turned out and see...you can use pink on baby boy pages too!
(Supplies: Bella Blvd and Prima papers; Bazzill cardstock; American Crafts Thicker alphas and slick writer; Bella Blvd journaling spot and sentiment stickers; Studio Calico wood veneer hearts; Love My Tapes washi tape; Miscellaneous buttons; Divine Twine; EK Success Zig Writer; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist; Ranger Stickles; StazOn ink; Cuttlebug embosser and folder; Glue Arts and Thermoweb adhesives.)

7 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ahhhh what a sweet page!!! LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

Love this sweet picture of Liam .. and the page design really shows it off beautifully! And, you're right .. the pink on this baby boy page looks great!

I also love your previous post .. about keeping it real. We all know that being a SAHM isn't always smiles and glamour! Dang, girl ... you even made the 'not so fun side' of motherhood look good. I've got a sneaking suspicion that this will be one of your favorite pages in years to come.

Loved my visit to your blog! Thanks for the hospitality! xoxo

antenucci said...

I totally love this layout it is my favorite! I love that you also documented your everyday in the next post - even though SAHM life can seem boring sometimes, it is sooo important.

Leanne said...

such a precious photo! Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at stuck..x

Beeceecreativity said...

adorable and really too cute..

Patricia said...

Love all those pennants! Such a cute photo!

Nikki Love said...

adorable!!!!!! love it!!!