Saturday, July 20, 2013

More sunshine with the Birds Of A Feather July Kit!

I seriously had so much fun creating with this kit. And I am even more excited I still have enough of the kit left to make several more layouts. If you haven't picked up a Birds Of A Feather July Kit for yourself yet, you can still grab one but hurry because there is only ONE left! That's right - a single kit left to be snatched up! There's still a few extras left too!

My first layout to share today was a super fun one to put together. This photo was taken on our trip to Kauai in 2010. First, I recycled a red potato bag and stretched it across my kraft cardstock base. I secured all the edges of the bag to the back of the cardstock with tape and then added some glue underneath my paper layers. Love the way it turned out! I had fun layering lots of different patterns and embellies as well. I also wanted a little sparkle here and there, so I incorporated a few of the sparkly buttons, two of the shimmery Pink Paislee butterflies (which are one of the extras this month) and then I used both the Mr. Huey's mist that came in the kit as well as some gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine to color the Sunshine chipboard sentiment. I also fell back on the Lily Bee alpha stickers (yet again) from the May kit to use as part of my title. Love those alphas!
And a few closeups...

My second layout features photos from last Fourth of July when we took Liam and his cousin Miles for their very first dips in a lake. I used a masking template from my stash and the Mr. Huey's mist to create a fun  background pattern. I used the darker yellow cardstock for the background because I wanted it to mesh well with the Mr. Huey's to give a sort of tone-on-tone look. I also pulled out the Tattered Angels chalkboard mists from the April kit and added some splatters to the background. Then I just layered a bunch over my background. 
And a few closeups...

Thanks so much for checking out my projects today! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: