Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vacation and Every Day Summer Fun with the Birds Of A Feather July Kit!

It's time to share some more Birds Of A Feather July kit layouts with you! So, I am in love with this kit. Period. I think that shows when I spent an hour - yes, an hour - just choosing what photos I felt were worthy enough to go with this kit. I have a ton of photos I'd like to use with this kit...maybe I need to pick up a second kit? ;) No, I'll leave the three left in stock for you all - quick, go grab one! And, as Karen pointed out some of the extras are already out of stock so you better jump on those too! I did!

My first layout is based off one of the April 2013 Page Maps sketches. I totally love how well the We R Memory Keepers and Bo Bunny papers mesh together. I stuck with the blues, greens and yellows for this one since those were the primary colors in my photos. I fussy-cut out parts of the Bo Bunny journaling block so I could overlap it with my photo and the We R Memory Keepers paper. I used the Bo Bunny chipboard pieces and the Favorite Findings buttons to create a visual triangle.
And here are a couple closeups for you...


My second layout is only the second layout I have completed for our Kauai 2010 vacation album. I think I really need to scrap more of these photos because creating this layout totally took me back to Tunnels Beach. Such awesome memories! The colors in my photos are fairly muted for beach pictures because we were there at sunset, so I chose to use the kraft cardstock and Pink Paislee burlap flower to help tie in all the sand in the photos to the overall layout. I colored the sun with the Mr. Huey's mist, outlined it with my Signo white pen, and dotted every other ray with one of the tiny yellow Bo Bunny jewels. I decided the use the "Surf's Up" chipboard piece since I actually captured the silhouette of a couple surfers walking the beach in my focal photo! I also used the curve of the Bo Bunny paper to anchor my four supporting photos.
And a couple closeups...

I hope I've inspired you to dive right into your July kit! Happy creating!

No comments: