Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project Life: Week 3

Another week of 2013 gone which means another Project Life spread complete! This week's spread ended up being very photo-heavy. We honestly didn't have a ton going on this week until the weekend, so I found myself taking photos of the everyday and they didn't really require a ton of explanation with journaling. So, I chose to tell most of the story with the photos...

And here's a closer look at the left-hand side. The upper left photo was actually taken with my DSLR and is the only photo on this spread that was not taken with an iPhone. The weather report was a screen capture off my iPhone. The font on my journaling card is CK Becky.

And now we have the right-hand side. I changed the group photo to black and white because it isn't a great photo and is pretty grainy - the black and white seemed to help with that. I had two photos from the fish market I wanted to include but wanted them to take up only one rectangle so I did a sort of picture-in-picture setup with them.

Here's a run-down of supplies used this week. Of course, there's my Turquoise Edition Project Life Core Kit. But, the only thing that actually came from the Core Kit on this spread is the title card background. Other supplies from my stash include Studio Calico wood veneers and kraft heart stickers, a Creative Imaginations sentiment sticker and washi tape from Queen & Co and My Mind's Eye. Since my spread was so photo-heavy this week, I went with a lot of digital overlays and filled in with two filler cards I also downloaded. So here's my list of digital overlays and printables...
This week, I decided to send Melissa from A Vegas Girl At Heart a thank you email for all her awesome Project Life freebies. I just wanted her to know how much I appreciate her generosity because I don't foresee completing a single PL spread without at least one of her freebies on it. 

And I am still LOVING this project. Can't wait for next Monday so I can work on week 4!

No comments: