Thursday, January 17, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 1 & 2

Yay! After spending the first half of January just getting organized for this project, I got my first two weeks done last night. And I am so happy with the way they turned out and I am already IN LOVE with this project! 

So, first up is Week 1...
Again, I am using Becky Higgin's Turquoise Edition still available on Amazon until everything switches over to American Crafts. I also purchased some of the Turquoise Edition digital elements available at AC Digitals. For continuity throughout the album, I plan to use the Core Kit on every spread and recolor as many of my freebies that I can to match the colors of this kit. Additionally, I plan to use the awesome weekly title word art that I downloaded for free from September Blue. You can download them too if you go to her 1/08/13 post. She made them to match the Seafoam Edition, but I am just recoloring them to match the Turquoise Edition. On each spread, I am also going to record the start and end dates of each week with my library stamp.

And now let's look at each side of the spread individually...
Based on these first couple weeks, I see myself including a 4x6 card of typed journaling that summarizes the week on each spread. Placement and orientation of this card doesn't really matter to me but it think it's something I'd like to include each week. For this particular week, I include my week title and dates directly on the summary card. All the digital elements on the photos on this side came from the Turquoise Edition digital kit with the exception if the M-Monday which came from A Vegas Girl At Heart and everything on the exersaucer photo I did myself. The 2013 chalkboard printable came from Lil' Luna and the calendar printable came from Finding Nana. I recolored it to match and I plan to include each of her monthly calendar printables on the first spread of each month (I already have all the rest for the year).
On this side, the first thing I'll point out is the New Year's subway art from eighteen25. I recolored the original grays to match the blues of my kit. I kept the gold though because I thought it was festive. All digital elements were from the Turquoise Edition kit. The pennant flag on the Packers picture is the same one from my title page from A Vegas Girl At Heart. The label on the photo of all my Project Life stuff is from Creativity Prompt.

And now on to Week 2...
Again, I used my Core Kit, the weekly title art and my date stamp. This week I made a separate title card and a separate weekly journaling card.

And here are the individual sides...
The vegetable paella card was easily assembled in Word. The little Monday flag on the photo of Liam all bundled up and the Polaroid style frame are from A Vegas Girl at Heart and I think the frame around the pork is as well. The "Love This" burst and journaling card are both from the Turquoise Edition digital kit.
Now, my favorite thing on this page is the "video". All you do is use a QR Reader App on you phone (you can download these for free), scan the QR square and it takes you to a YouTube video of Liam. So cool! Here's the tutorial from Traci Reed on how to this and also where to grab the journaling card. The date label is from A Vegas Girl At Heart and the frame around the bath photo is from Persnickety Prints and the rest of the digital elements are from the Turquoise Edition digital kit.

So there's my first two weeks of Project Life! I can't wait to put together Week #3!

No comments: