Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hello Handsome.

Needless to say, we didn't have our camera with us when Liam was born. So we had to rely on the iPhones to capture the moment. One of the nurses did take a photo of him in the OR (which I have on another layout) but it's not great either. Oh well, it's about preserving the memory, not having the perfect photos. I created this layout for Memorable Seasons' Last Scrapper Standing Contest Challenge #2 which was to emboss your layout. I used both dry embossing on my pennants and heat embossing to create my circle accents. I also used a sheet of embossed cardstock as the base. Additionally, I used a sketch from the most recent Inspired To Scrap Weekend Warrior class.
(Supplies: Bazzill, Core’dinations and The Paper Company cardstock; Autumn Leaves and American Crafts papers; American Crafts alphas and ribbon; Cherry Arte chipboard sentiment; SEI tab sentiment; Gel-A-Tins circle stamp set; Inkadinkado embossing powder; Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing templates; StazOn ink; date stamp.)

Liam's birth story is rather long and sort of personal, so I decided to tuck it behind the strip of photos...just pull on the "thankful for you" tab and it comes out from behind the photos. If you'd like to read the birth story, I just copied and pasted it directly from this post on my family blog.
Thanks for looking. This layout is obviously very special to me. :)

No comments: