Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More Birds Of A Feather March Kit Goodness!

I have more Birds Of A Feather March Kit projects to share with you that will hopefully put a smile on your face because I am sure smiling about them! If you have yet to get yourself one of these fabulous kits, I suggest you do so soom because Amy's only got five left!

My first layout is one that I thought of right away when I saw the kit. Once I saw the bikes, the coffee cups and mason jars throughout the Little Yellow Bicycle Just Because collection, I knew I needed to do a layout about Courier Coffee. They are a local Portland company that delivers coffee, in mason jars, by bike courier. Yeah, perfect right? So here's my creation. I added a few of the chipboard pieces available as part of the extra embellishments and of course I had to use the cute coffee cup paper that I got as part of the extra patterned paper add-on. Totally love the way this one turned out!

And here are a couple close-ups...

For this next one I started with this gorgeous piece of lined paper from the Teresa Collins Stationary Noted collection and went from there. I wanted to keep the layout clean to allow the background paper to shine. I created the Polaroid frame myself by simply cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4.5"x5.5" and then matting my 4"x4" photo on it leaving a .25" edge along the top and sides and 1.25" edge along the bottom. I kinda went a little crazy with the Petaloo brads but love the way they look!

And here are a couple close-ups...


This next layout perplexed me because of the size of the photos. These photos are from Liam's first portrait shoot, and I knew the only one I felt comfortable cropping was the one on the far right. So, I turned to a Sketch Savvy sketch for some guidance. I love the stitched circles; well, I love any hand-stitching on a layout! I made the little flags from pieces of the vellum tape and some toothpicks - super easy, simple and cute! I also broke out the super cute Stationary Noted garland for my border.

And here are a couple close-ups...

And lastly, I threw together a quick card with the leftover scraps from the patchwork card technique I shared a couple weeks ago.
 
Thanks for stopping by today to check out my work! I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday and a very happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: