Sunday, May 12, 2013

More memory-making with the Birds Of A Feather May Kit!

If you haven't picked up your May kit from Birds Of A Feather yet, do it soon because there's only a few left in the store! Don't forget to pick up some (or all) of the extras while you're at it too! Seriously, the kit is fabulous but the extras add so much to it! Anyways, time to share my next batch of May projects...

First up is a layout documenting the first birthday I celebrated here in Portland. My parents came to town for a visit and we had dinner the night of my birthday at Portland City Grill - an upscale restaurant that has amazing views of the city, Mt Hood and all the other Cascade peaks. I thought the fun, girly colors of this kit would be perfect for one of my birthday layouts. I placed a sheet of white cardstock with the polka dot Simple Stories paper behind the vellum paper to achieve this look. Then, I fussy cut the smaller clothesline of polaroids from the Simple Stories paper and decided to use it to hold my supporting photos.
And here are a couple closeups...

This was a very difficult layout to scrap because of the subject matter. These photos were taken the day we found out Chase had cancer. I am really making a point to scrap the rest of the photos I have of him while the memories are still vivid and before I get preoccupied by new puppy photos. I don't want to forget how important Chase was (and still is) to us. I wanted to keep this layout fairly minimal to keep the focus on the photos and the journaling. If you'd like, you can read the journaling here. I chose to keep the colors as primarily the muted gray and aqua blues found throughout the kit to enhance the rain theme. I printed my journaling on a transparency and placed it over the washi paper to make it look like the journaling was directly on the washi paper. 
And here are a couple closeups...
And I needed one last Mother's Day card for tomorrow. I am so lucky to still have a living grandmother and great-grandmother to Liam - an amazing woman I fondly call Nana. So this is a card made especially for my Nana.

Thanks so much for checking out my projects! And I hope all you Mamas have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow!

No comments: