Monday, June 24, 2013

Ending the weekend with the end of the Birds Of A Feather June Kit

Hi all! It's a dreary, rainy Sunday night here in the Pacific Northwest. Luckily, I still have bright, cheery Birds Of A Feather June kit here to help brighten up my scraproom! There's still time to grab a kit for yourself if you haven't already and be sure to check out the extras too! So, it's time to share the last of my June projects with you.

My first layout was such a fun one to put together. I used a couple pieces of the Jillibean Soup placemat on some earlier projects but still had most of it intact. So, I decided I wanted to use that large piece as the focus of a layout. I framed four smaller photos with the placemat but then I had a 6x4 photo to contend with that really couldn't be cropped down to fit in one of the squares. So I decided to mat it with cardstock and then back it with chipboard and place it on top of the placemat. I love how the chipboard behind it helps it pop of the page and really become the focal photo. This time around, I altered the corrugated cardboard shapes with embossing powder - now THAT was fun! I also love that I was able to use up a lot of scraps on this one.

And here are a couple closeups...


My next layout I am so in love with. I have had these photos FOREVER and just didn't know where to start with them. I think it was all the different colors in them and the fact that I wanted to keep them all together on a page. Well, since the June kit has just about every color of the rainbow in it, it was perfect to scrap these photos with! I pulled the Lily Bee alpha sticker sheet out of my May Kit to use for the subtitle and when I saw the phrase on my chosen die-cut title card, I just had to pull a few of my coveted Studio Calico wood veneer stars out.

And a couple closeups...


Finally, I have a card to share with you all. I love how American Crafts prints fun patterns on the backside of all the paper strips at the bottom of all their papers. So I decided to use a few of them, along with a "mistake strip" from the above layout to create this card. I used the Cats Eye ink pad to ink the edges of my sentiment block as well as the edges of my card. I really like the definition it adds. I pulled out a couple buttons from my stash to use as flower centers and also stole a few more Lily Bee alpha stickers from my May Kit. This card is going out in the mail tomorrow - it's my Mom's birthday on Wednesday!


Stay tuned because I'll be back here on Technique Tuesday debuting the beautiful July kit!

No comments: