Monday, June 3, 2013

The Birds Of A Feather June Kit Makes My Heart Sing!

Hello all! I hope everyone had a good weekend! 

It's time to share my first reveal using the beautiful Birds Of A Feather June Kit. If you haven't picked yours up in the store yet, do it now because there are only three left in stock! You might want to check out all the beautiful kit extras too; once again, I snagged them all. So now it's time to show you my first creations with this kit. I have to tell you, at first I was a little intimidated by all the bright colors and bold patterns, but once I dove into the kit I had more fun creating than I have in awhile and I can't wait to dig right back into this kit once my out-of-town guests all depart! Oh, and I have to say the Maude Ashbury/Anna Griffin and American Crafts/Dear Lizzy coordinate perfectly together!

For my first layout, I had lots of fun playing with the different patterns in this kit. I fussy-cut out part of some of the chevrons from the Dear Lizzy paper to make them pop and accented them with lines of embroidery floss down the middle. I also added a line of pink floss to the striped paper for added texture and decided to color the corrugated Jillibean embellies with mists. 

And here are a couple closeups...

On my second layout, I went all out with layering and embellie clusters! I knew right away I wanted to use the grid, wood-framed Maude Ashbury paper as the background on a layout. I fussy cut a bit around the arrows in the corners so I could tuck a couple punched circles behind them. And I had a ton of fun adding all sorts of embellies to them to create my clusters. Look at how well the negative pieces from the heart die-cut card work with the heart-patterned Dear Lizzy paper. Also, I used the Cat's Eye espresso ink on my cardboard butterfly and on the edges of my punched circles for added definition.

And here are a couple closeups...

I hope you liked my layouts. I am so excited to show you more later on in the month!

No comments: