Friday, June 14, 2013

More with the Bold and Beautiful Birds Of A Feather June Kit!

Hello all! It's time for another Birds Of A Feather June Kit Reveal. If you haven't gotten a kit yet, go grab one now before they are gone and also be sure to check out the kit extras - they are all so much fun and you will see lots of the extras on my reveal projects since I got, um, all of them!

So here is my favorite (so far) layout created with this kit. I really took liberty with the bold patterns and colors on this one. I figured it was only appropriate to match the bright colors and fun patterns of my photos taken at Islands of Adventure's Seuss Landing in Orlando. I inked the edges of my photos in black StazOn to help them pop a bit off all the bright papers. I knew right away that I wanted to use this particular vellum quote from the Maude Ashbury collection as soon as I saw it because I felt it was most appropriate considering the subject matter of my photos. I adhered it to white cardstock, trimmed it down a bit and inked the edges. Then I used foam adhesive to mount it with all the other elements in the lower left corner. Speaking of which, I also love how the Canvas Corp burlap looks in the Jillibean polaroid frame. And I really had fun with the Maude Ashbury 3D flowers too!
And here are a couple closeups...

My next project is another Project 12 catchup layout. And I figured it would be appropriate to scrap last June's Project 12 page with this June's Kit! I really wanted to use the two sheets of bright pink cardstock, available as part of the extra cardstock add-on, for my background but knew that two sheets of it right next to each other, with a lot of the pink exposed, would be too bright. So I muted it a bit by use the Maude Ashbury Memories paper on the right side. I also pulled some yellow vellum from my stash to use as photo mats to help the photos stand out. I lightly brushed the corrugated shapes with paint and then added the very appropriate "Hello Sunshine" flair to my sun. :)
And here are a couple closeups...

Thanks, as always, for looking! I'll be back later in the month with one more reveal with this awesome kit!

No comments: